Well, at least ev'ry mountain with a restaurant on top.
We ushered in this year's hiking season with an easy tour in Garmisch-Partenkirchen. It actually seemed more like a pub crawl with a mountain caught in the middle.
The parking lot in Garmisch was completely full and I probably should have expected we would be accompanied by 500 of our closest friends (not to mention Russian tourists) when the woman in the car next to us nonchalantly handed her husband the book "Mountain tours for Late Risers".

I'm already looking forward to our next hiking tour. I have the strange urge to spend a night in a mountain-top cottage, dreaming of mountain goats and alpine flowers under red and white checkered sheets.
We ushered in this year's hiking season with an easy tour in Garmisch-Partenkirchen. It actually seemed more like a pub crawl with a mountain caught in the middle.The parking lot in Garmisch was completely full and I probably should have expected we would be accompanied by 500 of our closest friends (not to mention Russian tourists) when the woman in the car next to us nonchalantly handed her husband the book "Mountain tours for Late Risers".
After walking through the Partnach Gorge, we headed towards Eckbauer where we took a break for a lunch of BabyBel, Landjäger and bread. Of course, ev'ryone knows the best part about hiking is the Brotzeit!

Last stop was for a drink in a restaurant in Wamberg, an idyllic mountain settlement, desperately clutching to its fame as "highest village in Germany with a church" after its disappointing demotion from "highest parish in Germany" in the 1970s. Please don't mention this to the locals.
I'm already looking forward to our next hiking tour. I have the strange urge to spend a night in a mountain-top cottage, dreaming of mountain goats and alpine flowers under red and white checkered sheets.
2 comments:
Thanks for the pics, Mathias!
You're welcome!
Post a Comment