It's Thursday, May 29th and you know what that means....
It's Erwin's name day!
I decided that in honor of my name day, I would do something incredibly German.
I'm not talking about standing 1cm from the next person in line at the supermarket. I'm talking about riding my bike to work! Picture me, Er(w)in, on a man's mountain bike in a skirt and heels. It's an akward picture, I admit, unless you are one of the many German men who tried to look up that skirt. It was a great ride straight through the English Garden. I even crossed the path of a nicely dressed couple holding hands, the woman carrying a bouquet. I asked myself, who walks around like that at 8:55 a.m. Thursday morning? Answer: People who get married at 8:42 a.m.
Announcing my name day to my co-workers resulted in quite a few questions ("But, when is your REAL name day?"), some strange looks (Wolfgang) and a few congratulatory remarks (Eva and that Eisbach waiter). Erwin's day was celebrated in style with my colleague Antonia, my own private princess, over a rhubarb spritzer. I know what you are thinking....Rhubarb juice? Yes, it does exist, but apparently it is bad for your gums (Wolfgang).
I'm looking forward to spending the rest of my name day watching Germany's Next Top Model. Now, I just have to find my way back home on the bike!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
oooh, rhubarb spritzer. Where the jive can I get one of those (I'm okay with it ruining my gums)? Happy Name Day! I'll be celebrating your name day in spirit by playing racquetball and eating hot dogs. Tee hee.
Post a Comment