Here's a shout-out to Uncle Mike who just sent me a link to his genealogy website. I had always known that my mother's father's family came from Germany, but no one could ever narrow it down further than "southern" Germany. Thanks to the website I know now that they came from Münklingen, a small town in Schwabenländle!
The look on Flo's face told me I should probably not be too excited about this. Swabians are after all the laughingstock of the nation, known among other things for their stinginess. No one wants to be a Schwab. Not even my co-worker, who technically is from Schwaben and likes bargins (günstig!), wants to be called a Schwab.
Considering this, Flo's reaction was understandable. "You're a Prussian AND a Schwab!?" For a Bavarian possibly the worst combination ever. Poor guy. He was just getting used to Prussia and now this...
1 comment:
From our calculations, that town is one kilometer wide. We'll see if flo knocks his weizen on the table before drinking with you now...
Post a Comment