I saw you crying...
I saw you crying, at El-ix-ia
My New Year's Resolution is to STOP crying at my Elixia gym!
I admit, it's not your usual, run-of-the-mill sort of resolution like "Lose 15 lbs" or "Stop biting fingernails". (I'll take those too, please!)
I have gotten teary eyed a total of three times now at the gym while working out on the eliptical cross trainer. It was level 6, fat burner program - to be specific. And I wasn't crying because I "was feeling the burn"!
My three Hysterical moments came while watching the following on TV:
3. CNN's coverage of USAir's 1549 landing in the Hudson River. Any mention of "hero" just pushed me over the edge.
2. Wolfskinder: A documentary about a German family who fled from the Russians during the war. One of the brothers, who was like 3 years old, got seperated from the others and lived as a wolf-child in the woods before finding a adoptive family in Latvia. The other brothers and sisters lived in Germany and never knew what became of their younger brother. Years went by. The missing brother had always thought he was German and was on a documentary about Wolfskinder looking for his lost relatives. It was extremely difficult, because he wasn't even sure of his German name and he didn't have any papers. To make a long story short, the German siblings saw this on TV and they were all reunited some 50 years later. Tears of joy!
1. President Obama and the first lady walking towards Pennsylvania Avenue on Inauguration Day. What a moment!
As I walked back from the gym last night after Hysterical Moment #1, I felt so much pride in my country and was basking in the glow of this "hystorical" moment. I thought I would find Flo basking as well, but instead he was as he called it "setting priorities" which included playing a song entiteled "Suck My Kiss" on Guitar Hero. Ha!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
What a witty and humorous post! You must have been channeling the "tip of the day" vibes. I'm sad to hear about your crying at the gym spells, but glad of the reasons. :-)
Post a Comment